The Vanguard Prize
The Vanguard Prize recognizes the outstanding contributions of a member who is transforming academic services through:
- Innovative Service
- Outstanding Leadership
- Effective Administration.
The NNLSO Executive Committee awards the Prize to recognize excellence and the innovative accomplishments of our colleagues in Records and Registration positions. The $500 award is earmarked for professional development related to the recipient’s office in any form that the recipient school approves.
The recipient is recognized at the annual NNLSO Business Meeting, which is held during the AACRAO conference. The recipient will be spotlighted in NNLSO publications, including the NNLSO web site, and he or she will also receive a copy of the letter of commendation from the NNLSO Executive Director to the Dean of the recipient’s law school.
Nominees must be current NNLSO members in good standing as of November 1, 2016. They must have held a Records and Registration position for five years. NNLSO Executive Committee members are not eligible for the award during their terms on the Board.
Members who nominate other members should, in addition to focusing on the individual’s achievements as outlined above, should also indicate how the nominee has had a positive impact on his or her professional life.
Award Nomination Process
- October/November Solicit nominations from membership through outreach email to full membership list.
- December 1 Deadline for submission of nominations to the Nominations and Elections Committee.
- December 15 Nominations and Elections Committee recommends a short list of candidates to the Executive Committee.
- December 20 Executive Committee approves the short list.
- January 10 Executive Director contacts the nominees by telephone or email to let them know they have been nominated; to share with them what the award criteria are and what the award recognition entails; to ask for confirmation that they want to move forward with the election process; and to inform them that the Executive Director will contact their Deans to request a letter of recommendation.
- January 30 Communication from Executive Director to Deans, requesting a letter before March 1.
- March 1 Share letters with Executive Committee for review and comment.
- March 10 Executive Committee selects a winner.
- March 15 Notify recipient.
- Notify the Dean about the recipient.
- March/April Announce the winner at the AACRAO conference.
Nominations for the 2017 Vanguard Prize should be sent to GaeLynn Kuchar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 1, 2016.