This Standing Committee comprises a minimum of four individuals from active NNLSO member institutions who will report to a designated Board member as Chair of the Committee.
The duties and role of the Committee members will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Each member of the Standing Committee on Membership and Outreach will have a set of assigned schools.
- Those who serve will need to have the support of their school administration for service on the Committee.
- Each Committee member will be expected to attend the Annual Meeting. All are invited to attend the summer and fall meetings of the Executive Committee, whether in person or electronically, but it is also permissible to establish a rotation among Committee members, in consultation with the Chair of the Committee, whereby any one member of the Committee may attend as a representative of the Standing Committee.
- Committee members will be responsible for updating membership lists.
- Committee members will reach out to assigned schools and develop ideas and suggestions for annual meeting topics, not limited to the specific concerns of member schools to be presented to the Executive Committee at the Annual Meeting.
- The Committee members will help coordinate regional meetings.
- The Committee members will be responsible for planning the welcome reception at the Annual Meeting.
- The Committee members will be responsible for compiling session summaries (recaps) at the annual meetings and distributing those to the members as well as posting on social media (Facebook).
Gaelynn SmithLaw School Registrar J. Reuben Clark Law School
Brigham Young University firstname.lastname@example.org